Map and Locations

Map and Locations

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Tracy Greenwood-Handmade Notecards

Treyaluz Handmade Notecards


I live along the Merced River adjacent to Yosemite National Park. The fluid movement of water enhancing my immediate environment encourages the freedom of creativity inherent in my notecard designs.  
I create my notecards individually through a process of hand carving a design onto a block, painting the block, and then pressing that painted image onto colored paper.  By repeating the painting and block printing process, I develop the layered effect of brightly colored pearlescent and translucent images.  After the painting process, I assemble my cards using a technique of perforating a design on the card, which adds a textured dimension to the final product.  I enjoy the role of observer as each card takes on an artistic life of it’s own.

1 comment:

  1. Tracy, your cards are beautiful. Theresa Catlin has lovingly shared some with me. What a joy and surprise when I held them up to the light. Thank you and Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete